If you are part of the Saint Johns Biggs piano studio you are now able to preview recital music online. Follow the link under the St. Johns tab and read about how to listen to music from home! Stay well!
With the closing of school due to COVID-19 there will be no official piano lessons for at least the next 3 weeks.
Please continue to practice at least 3 times a week. Every week's practices (of at least 3 a week) will be honored with stars on students' incentive cards when they return. Our recital at the end of the year is quickly approaching and taking a month off of piano because we aren't having school would set students back astronomically. Please continue to practice.
I was able to give Wednesday students recital music but wasn't able to hand out yours. I will be contacting parents with a Youtube link and directions to view songs that I will preview. I will list 5-7 titles that you can listen to and select to start learning over the next few weeks.
Practice recital music!
More information to follow in emails.
Please click on the link below for our welcome back newsletter for the sunshinestudios side of the St. Johns Piano Program!
Hello one and all!
I hope you have had a wonderful summer vacation full of rest and rejuvenation! With school starting up very soon and registration for activities taking place there are a few things that I wanted to communicate to you.
1) If you are interested in continuing piano lessons this year please register before Labor Day. I will be scheduling with teachers and it is easier if that can be done at the beginning of September.
2) I will be starting lessons the very first week of November because we will be adding a baby girl (Evelyn) at the very end of this month. Therefore, piano with Mrs. Biggs will be 3 quarters instead of 4. You will all be notified the week before lessons begin so that you are ready. :-) Even though we are starting later I still want you to register before Labor Day so that I have time to make the schedule before I come back.
3) If you are questioning whether you want to come back to piano or not send me an email! I'd love to talk about if piano is still right for you or not.
4) When lessons start will be jumping right into Christmas music to get ready for the recital. So come prepared for some fun!
I am looking forward to another amazing school year and exploring music with each of you!
As well all approach the end of semester 1 break / Christmas break, we need to talk about how to practice over the weeks when we don't have a lesson to keep us on track! First of all, always do your best. We understand that sometimes life can make it difficult and the holiday break schedule throws everyone off. Here are just a few suggestions to help keep yourself or your student on track:
1. Set a reasonable practice goal. If you are used to practicing 5 times a week for 30 minutes aim to practice 2-3 times a week for 20 minutes. It keeps the musical language in your fingers and in your mind. Never go more than 4 days without sitting down at the piano. It is much harder to remember what you worked on if you go too many days in between practices.
2. Do a few rhythm claps a day. (Do do do-day do) This is an easy but effective way to keep your mind musically active.
3. Listen to music! Always enjoy your favorite music and get into it! Dance and have fun! It all helps you internalize beat and tempo.
4. Open your books and take 5 minutes to study your music. If you can't get to the piano at least look at your music. Half of the musical battle is understanding what you are reading and so it is good for the mind to take time to practice understanding music without playing it at the piano.
Have fun and enjoy your break!
Welcome to the new year! With new years resolutions and an opportunity to consider adventures yet to be had, I would love to welcome you to consider the study of piano. It is an exciting and gratifying skill! My studio is welcoming new students so please feel free to contact me at any time! The deal still stands that your introductory interview is free and that includes conversation with me about study and walking away with your first piano experience. Have a wonderful new year and I hope to hear from you soon!
Hello and welcome to Sunshine Studios! I am currently running a deal where if you are interested in checking out my studio and having an introductory interview and preview you can do so without charge! That's right, FREE introductory interview and preview. If after meeting with me you are not interested in pursuing piano or French studies you can just walk away. If you find out that you are interested we can discuss rates per lesson after that. Have questions? Email or call me at any time! Hope to talk to you soon! -Mrs. Biggs